Thursday 3 July 2014

Time


By time. Indeed, mankind is in loss. Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.
[AL-ASR CH.103:V.1-3]

          Bismillah and Alhamdulillah. I begin this entry with the name of Allah and by praising Him. It is too long I did not write an entry in this blog. Therefore, it is good to be back here writing and dakwah. Thanks to Allah as He prolong my life and your lives, to do good things, dakwah, worship Him and also repent from our mistakes.

          First of all, before going into the topic, I want to seek for apologize as I did not update my blog for more than two months. I had been busy with other stuff in my university, in club and others. After that I have to go through the final exam for this semester, so I need to focus more on studies than to write an entry here. I did write something in the notes in facebook, so maybe you can check it in my account. However, I am so sorry again because I wrote it in Malay, maybe some of you cannot understand it. I hope that I can back to continuously write entries here in this beautiful month of Ramadhan.

          Today’s topic is going to be a lot different from the others. This is because in the entries before, I always discussed about God, a bit on angels and also Quran. This time, I am going to write about “time”, something that I think so unique and also mystery. I am sure there are many people like me that asking the same questions about “time”.

          For example, I have been thinking it is better to die near to the end of the day (doomsday @ day of the last judgement). This is because, for those who died earlier need to be punish longer time compare to those who died before. This is because after the first call, the universe going to destroyed and all things will die and the second call from Allah will wake all people from their graves. So this shows that Allah is not fair enough. The punishment in the grave going to be different in period of time compare to other person.

          If people ask this question to you, how are you going to answer them? Actually it is simple. In surah al-Ikhlas, the second verse already told us that Allah does not depend on other things. He can stand by His own. So Allah does not depend on time. He is time independent. He is the one who controlling the time. It means that “time” also one of His creature, a very unique creature.

          Let’s take a look on a few verses that Allah cursed (sumpah) by using time. I am sorry if the meaning changing when I said “curse”, because I did not know what exact word to be used.

By the morning brightness.
[AD-DUHAA CH.93:V.1]

By the night when it covers.
[AL-LAYL CH.92:V.1]

By the sun and its brightness.
[ASH-SHAMS CH.91:V.1]

By the dawn.
[AL-FAJR CH.89:V.1]

          The verses that Allah used “time” also include the chapter that I put in the beginning of this entry. When we die, we will be buried in the grave (for most of the people), and of course we are going to be alone in the grave. Imagine that we are inside a box and everybody has their own box. The box is in different space and dimension from our real time here. Then Allah control the time for every boxes.

          To be fair to all people (human kind), the setting of the “time” need to be different so that all human will feel the same period of time in the box. When I said “time”, it is not necessary to be days like in earth (day and night). This is because we are in different dimension, maybe there is no light or no moon or no sun in the grave (box). There are a few examples in the Quran that sometime people get confused and misunderstood with.

          In the Quran Allah said that He created the universe (earth and heaven) in six days (ayyam). In Arabic “ayyam” not only meaning many days (day and night) but it is also means that for a long time. It is the same if we translate in English. The word “days” used in Bible also have the same meaning that is long time. Days here are not the replacement of day and night, so it is the same for those who are in the box (grave).

          In the first year, I learned calculus. The lecturer always has stories to tell to the students. The most interesting story is that, he said that there are mathematicians found or have theories saying that there are more than 4-Dimensions. Like us now, we are using 4-D (front and back, up and down, right and left and also time). But there are mathematicians said there are 12 dimensions for example.  So I think that these theories may be useful in order to prove something, such as dimension of the box or grave that I mentioned earlier in this entry. There are a lot more to be explored.

          For this month of Ramadhan, I hope that we can have a good time with “him”. I hope that we can fully use this opportunity to seek for Allah’s forgiveness and accumulate pahala as much as we can. I hope that this entry is useful and give something new knowledge to us.

So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?
[AR-RAHMAN CH.55:V.13]


~Wallahua’lam~
~Time passes and it will not wait for us~

~Salam Ramadhan~


No comments:

Post a Comment